Welcome to the Klickitat School District's web site!
August 1st, 2022
Dear Klickitat School District Families,
As we prepare for the return to school later this month, it is my pleasure to officially introduce myself. I consider it a true privilege to have been appointed new superintendent of Klickitat School District #402 and I look forward to serving our great students, staff, and community.
My family and I moved to Klickitat, from Idaho, 2 years ago this month. We have quickly come to enjoy the beauty and history of this river canyon that we share; and we appreciate the many good people and neighbors we have had the opportunity to meet so far.
I have worked in public education since 2005 fulfilling roles of paraprofessional, classroom teacher, building and district leader, and as a state education official in Idaho. Most recently I have been working with school districts on the east side of Klickitat County as director of special education and other school grant programs for bilingual, migrant, and Native education programs. I will now get to enjoy the benefit of working close to home, in a community I enjoy and care about, to promote and ensure the best K-12 opportunities for our children.
As I begin my time with Klickitat, I intend to focus on several areas including, but not limited to:
- Evaluating our district plans and readiness, implementing training and resources that best guarantee the safety of our students and staff.
- Developing a pandemic recovery plan that focuses on the academic and social-emotional needs of our students, staff, and families – we want school to be meaningful & fun again within the bounds of health and safety.
- Continuing the support and identification of opportunities for our students access to excellent educational and extra-curricular experiences – our geography and size should not limit opportunity!
- Persist in ensuring fairness and eliminating barriers that limit the necessary inclusion & access of students, staff, and the community to our school and learning environments.
- Evaluating the efficiency of all district operations to confirm that all resources are used effectively and sustainably.
While it is my job as superintendent, to oversee and supervise the public education of students within our district; as a SCHOOL - board, staff, students, & community – we are ALL in this together on behalf of our children.
“None of us is as smart as ALL of us.” Therefore, I welcome your input, ideas, questions, and concerns as we navigate this important work cooperatively and with communication. My email and phone number are listed below. Additionally, please refer to our new district information email address info@klickitatSD.org so that we as a district can be aware of and respond to your information needs; or also to receive the information you may desire to share with us in support of our school.
Today, Tomorrow, Together!
Superintendent -Klickitat School District #402